KAYLEIGH LIZOTTE CHEERLEADING EXPERIENCE By: Thomas Young

 


Taken by Jackie 

Cheerleading tryouts were held with a lot of other first-year/second-year girls at  Jefferson Township High School gym. They were a  lot of good competition; Kayleigh Lizotte in fact was nervous and said the experience was scary but in the end Lizotte enjoyed her time during her season. 

“I was definitely nervous going into the tryouts because I didn’t know what to expect, so I decided to go out there and try my best like always.” Lizotte was nervous because she didn’t know what to expect. The judges could be strict and demanding but whatever the case Lizotte has made up her mind to do her best. 

“As things started to move on, I wasn’t as worried and nervous, I started to relax and feel comfortable. I was feeling happy and excited.” As the drills started to progress, Lizotte became more comfortable, she started to feel less tense, she was enjoying it and it showed in her performance because the judges couldn’t get enough. 

“I started to try cheerleading because of my sisters, growing up to me my sisters were my role models. I grew up loving the sport of cheerleading. Watching my sister during her tournaments, I found it fascinating and couldn’t wait to try it.” Lizotte looks up to her sisters and wants to follow in their footsteps. She was drawn in to cheerleading, it started when watching her sister during her tournament.

“After making the cheer team, I grew to love the sport even more because of the bonding between teammates and coaches. Every practice I looked forward to, every Friday night  I enjoyed.” Lizotte, a former cheerleader for the Variety football team, says her high school cheerleading experience was a time she couldn’t forget.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL RUNNING BACK MIKE GOULD By: Matt Fiorelli

Is the Ski Industry in the MID Atlantic at Risk? By Ryan Clarkson

ANDREW GRANT By: Ryan Van Dyke